Assignment 1: preferences due week 2 and worth 172 points
Select something you either strongly like or dislike (e.g., reading, competitive sports, flying, snakes, etc.).
Drawing on your personal experience, as well as library research, write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe your like or dislike (one to two (1-2) sentences).
- Describe the subfield (e.g., cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, psychoanalytic psychology, etc.) you believe is best suited for providing psychological insight into your preference (the fact that you like or dislike the thing you do) and why you believe it is so.
- Discuss how biological bases of behavior (including sensation and perception) have contributed to your preference.
- Analyze how engaging in or reacting to your preference (e.g., playing competitive sports or encountering a snake) affects your state of consciousness during that engagement.
- Discuss the role that learning has had on the fact that you like or dislike the thing you described.
Support your paper with information drawn from at least two quality resources. One of these resources may be your textbook. Articles from professional journals are certainly a high quality resource. Magazine and newspaper articles are also accepted for this assignment. Articles published on the Internet may also be suitable, if they originate with credible persons or organizations. Please note that articles from Wikipedia, ask.com, and the like are not suitable.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.