In this Assignment, you differentiate between a program and policy through a case study. You also identify a state or local policy in your own state that might change the way services are delivered in the case study.
- Review the case study.
- Locate state-specific information from your state that is related to the policies and programs featured in the case study. (My state is Georgia)
- Identify the programs the social worker in the case study engaged with.
- Identify the policies that drove the programs and indicate which were federal and which were state or local.
- Explain how these policies affected the social worker’s delivery of services.
- Imagine that this scenario took place at an agency in your state. Research and identify one state or local policy in your area that would affect your delivery of services. Explain how this state or local policy affects the program.