Conduct additional research about the health care organization you selected in Topic 1. Identify the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Refer back to textbook Chapter 6 to review the characteristics of good mission and vision statements so you can use these criteria in the analysis of the selected company.
Write a 1,000-1,250 word paper that analyzes the mission, vision, and value statements for the healthcare organization you have selected. The paper should address the following:
- Explain the importance of strategic direction and the purpose of the mission and vision statements in the strategic planning process.
- State the mission and vision of the selected organization.
- Utilize the criteria found in Chapter 6 to evaluate the mission and vision of the selected organization. Include discussion of whether the mission and vision statements contain the characteristics of good mission and vision statements and justify your position.
- Summarize the organization’s values and describe how they align to key tenets of the Christian worldview perspective. Include discussion about how adherence to these values can affect strategic planning and initiatives.
- Identify the major organizational resources needed to accomplish the mission and vision and uphold the company values.
- Identify strategies that can be employed to effectively manage resources to fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
- Describe the substance of an organization’s strategic objectives and the contributions they make to the strategic planning process.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
I recommend that you have at least 3 outside resources for this assignment.
Rubric grading criteria:
Explanation of the importance of strategic direction and the purpose of the mission and vision statements in the strategic planning process is exemplary and includes substantial supporting details.
Vision and mission statements for the selected organization are complete. Evaluation of the vision and mission, including discussion and justification of whether each include characteristics of good mission and vision statements, is thorough and includes substantial explanation and relevant details.
Summary of the organizational values and description of how they align to the tenets of the Christian worldview perspective, including discussion of how adherence to the values can affect strategic planning and initiatives, is thorough and includes substantial explanation and relevant supporting details.
Identification of major organizational resources needed to accomplish the mission and vision and uphold the company values is complete. You should have some specific numbers and quantitative facts regarding this requirement in your paper. Example: The Kaiser Foundation Hospitals had revenues of 80 billion and capital spending of 3.4 billion in 2018. They also have over 400,000 members with over 200,000 employees. With these resources to work with, they can effectively implement action plans and strategic initiatives. One reason why you should select large care organizations in your assignments, is because this information is easily available on the Internet. Finding this specific numbers for a health care organization can be difficult if it is small. Annual 10k reports are a great plan to find this information. I found these number about Kaiser Foundation Hospitals in Wikipedia where the numbers are referenced by the sources listed at the bottom of the Wikipedia page.
Identification of strategies that can be employed to effectively manage resources ( utilize some specific examples and resources that the organization possesses) to fulfill the organizational mission and vision is complete and includes relevant supporting details.
Description of the organizational strategic objectives specific (Have some quantifiable objectives) and the contribution they make to the strategic planning process is complete and includes explanation.
Thesis is clear and forecasts the development of the paper. Thesis is descriptive and reflective of the arguments and appropriate to the purpose.
Argument shows logical progression. Techniques of argumentation are evident (You should have some specific numbers and quantitative facts regarding this requirement in your paper). There is a smooth progression of claims from introduction to conclusion. Most sources are authoritative.
Prose is largely free of mechanical errors, although a few may be present. The writer uses a variety of effective sentence structures and figures of speech.
Appropriate template is fully used. There are virtually no errors in formatting style.
Sources are documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is mostly correct.
I recommend that you use the same organization that you did in week 1 which is probably on the list below. These top health care organizations will provide you with more information for completing these assignments.