For this assignment, you will design a Creativity Rubric you can use in your setting and with your students. Follow the steps below to create your rubric:
1. Think about the definitions of creativity you reviewed in M1, the characteristics of creativity you explored in M2, and the theories and models of creativity you examined in M3. You may also find this article growing creativity helpful.
2. Select 5 criteria. These can be related to creative characteristics, definitions, or anything else you can use to assess what creativity looks like in student work. For example, your criteria can be FLUENCY OF IDEAS because you want to see how students connect and evaluate ideas between subject areas and the real world.
3. Write a description for each criterion. What does it look like for the students to meet the requirements for this criterion? Use appropriate and high-level action verbs (see Bloom’s Taxonomy verbs or Webb’s Depth of Knowledge). For example, for FLUENCY OF IDEAS, the description can be: The student strategically evaluates and incorporates a variety of important concepts and ideas from different contexts, disciplines, subject areas, and/or the real world.
4. Choose your rating for each description. For this step, think about the type of rubric you will use.
5. Provide an explanation and include appropriate research that justifies why your selection of rubric criteria and descriptions is important in creativity development. Make sure to use in-text citations and add references in APA 7 format. For example, FLUENCY OF IDEAS is important to creative development because….(Research, Year).
use this site for information