Submit Project Draft: Select Participants, Develop Questionnaires and Describe Data Analysis Plan (2-3 pages).
Selecting Participants / Sampling: Cover the following aspects of sampling in 1 to 3 paragraphs:
- Define the population from which you will draw your sample, including:
- Location where potential participants can be found (e.g., national, state or local sample and/OR those seeking services through a local program)
- Demographic characteristics that qualify a person or family for inclusion in your study and why you selected these characteristics
- Conditions for qualifying for the study (e.g., families mandated to counseling following criminal, abuse, negligent or other at-risk activity) and why you selected these characteristics
- Sampling strategy you will use to recruit participants
- ID a probability or non-probability sampling method and explain why the method you chose is appropriate for your study (see Tables 8.1 and 8.2 in the Marlow text)
- How many participants will you recruit for your study and why?
Data Collection Instrument (Questionnaire, Interview Guide): Cover the following aspects of data collection in 1 to 3 paragraphs and provide a copy of your instrument in an Appendix:
- Develop 7 to 10 questions to ask your participants
- Specify who will collect the data, and how they will do it (interview, questionnaire, multiple methods or another method?)
Data Analysis Method: Cover the following aspects of data analysis in 1 to 3 paragraphs:
- Select a qualitative or quantitative data analysis method that fits with your research design and data collection method; be sure to explain why you chose the selected method
- For qualitative analysis, review Marlow, Chapter 11
- For quantitative analysis, review Marlow, Chapter 12