Deliverable 2 – how do i become the leader i want to be?
This competency will allow you to analyze leadership styles and behaviors and apply them to a personal and/or professional life experiences.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
Leadership is either formal or informal, and it is important to discover which one is a better fit for you as you grow in your career. Your company leaders are asking you to identify a specific leadership role that you would someday like to fill (e.g., Supervisor, Manager, Vice President, Individual Contributor, etc.). Once you have determined the type of leader you would like to become, create an action plan for your career to achieve such a position.
- In order to successfully determine the type of leader you want to become, answer the following questions in one to two pages:
- Would you describe yourself as a formal or informal leader (and explain traits you possess that would make you a successful formal or informal leader)?
- What are some skills you should develop and tactics you should use to be an effective leader?
- Create a one-page action plan that addresses the following questions:
- Who will you work with as a mentor (just identify the position of a potential mentor) to help you grow into this leadership position and why?
- What steps will you take to become the type of leader you want to be in your career and how will you achieve your action plan?