NEED TO ANSWER ALL TWO DISCUSSION QUESTIONS…also specify which answer goes to which discussion question
Oodgeroo Noonuccal. (2008). In P. Minter, A. Heiss, & N. Jose, N., Anthology of Australian Aboriginal literature (pp. 40-47). Montréal, QC: MQUP.
Doug Nicholls. (2008). In P. Minter, A. Heiss, & N. Jose, N., Anthology of Australian Aboriginal literature (pp. 48-53). Montréal, QC: MQUP.
Select two authors from the indigenous readings to compare and contrast. You may want to select one from each country and compare and contrast the Native American experience with that of the Aboriginal Australian experience.
- What did the two populations have in common?
- How were their experiences different?
- How did the authors represent their time period and their culture?
- How did they represent mainstream society vs. the indigenous people?
- What are common traits in both worlds?
- How are myths and legends utilized by both indigenous populations?
In your initial post, submit your comparison by writing a full paragraph on each story or author you are examining. (As a reminder, a full paragraph consists of 5-8 sentences). Feel free to utilize outside resources for support to your posts, and be sure to acknowledge your sources.
Choose one of the following images:
Image courtesy of: https://thefix.nine.com.au
Image courtesy of: https://petapixel.com
In your discussion, consider the following items:
- Identify the visual elements that may show digital alteration.
- Describe how these visual digital alterations send a negative social message to viewers.
- Discuss which viewers may be affected more than others and why (male v. female, child v. adult, etc).
- Describe how these negative visual stereotypes perpetuate negative social perceptions, particularly for younger children in future generations.
*Remember— Analysis requires that you substantiate your ideas with quotes from academic sources and experts in the field. Analysis without substantiated evidence is opinion. Use your etextbook, another academic article or source, or a career or real-life example to support your analysis points in your initial discussion post to demonstrate your full comprehension of the topics.