Drotos engineering: cloud solution proposal
Imagine you are the only IT employee at Drotos Engineering. After discussing the company needs with the company owner, referred to as Senior, you recommended the company transition to a cloud-based IT management solution. Senior directed you to create a high-level overview of what it would take to migrate the company’s internal, private network to a cloud-based solution.
Create the following materials to review with Senior:
- A diagram of the current network environment
- A diagram of the proposed cloud-based network environment with annotations of what is new or changed from the current environment
- A 3- to 4-page summary that includes:
- A rationale for transitioning from the traditional network environment to a cloud-based environment (i.e., how the cloud-based solution is better than trying to modify and adapt the current network to meet the business needs)
- The identification of new or different hardware requirements to support the cloud-based environment
- A listing of the high-level steps to implement the recommended cloud-based solution
- A listing of additional considerations or information needed to create a more thorough listing
- A final opinion as to whether the proposal will address all of the business’s needs or whether additional modifications or solutions will eventually be needed
Create your diagrams in Microsoft® Visio® and write your summary in Microsoft® Word.