Technology Topic: CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing
An essential part of developing critical analysis skills is self-reflection. In this activity, you will have the opportunity to consider how using critical analysis influences your personal experience and your field of study or profession. Completing this activity will result in a draft of the first part of the reflection section of your project. It also provides an opportunity to obtain valuable feedback from your instructor that you can incorporate into your project submission.
In this activity, you will describe how using critical analysis tools influences your personal experience and your field of study or profession.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Describe how critically analyzing a technology’s role in an event has informed your individual framework of perception.
- Consider how it has altered the way you perceive the world.
- Describe how examining your bias has altered the way you use or don’t use certain technologies.
- Reflect on your own bias, then consider how an awareness of one’s bias can change how one interacts with technology.
- Explain how critically analyzing a technology’s role in your event can influence your field of study or profession.
- How can studying technology inform your understanding of the next big topic of study in your field or profession?
What to Submit
Submit your short paper as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. If sources are used, they should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.