Natural products synthesis | Biology homework help
Many medicinal drugs come from natural resources such as plants, insects, corals, etc. One typical example is the synthesis of the commonly known as Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) derived from salicin the natural product isolated from the bark of the willow tree Salix alba L.
In this post you are required to:
Use Google Scholar to search for publications related to the topic. You can use either Plant based synthesis or Natural products Synthesis to start your search.
- Select a paper that is related to the Synthesis of a Natural product.
- Take some time reading the information provided and Indicate the name of the natural compound the natural resource for and the medicinal uses of the compound.
- Use the name of the compound or the trade name to Search the chemical structure of this drug using MOLVIEW, MolView
- take a screenshot of the chemical structure of your molecule and edit the image identifying and naming all functional groups.
- Show the total synthesis scheme (If available) and Circle or highlight the steps of the synthesis you are familiar with (If any).
- If available explain to us how many steps the synthesis involved and how long did it take the research group to make this drug.
NOTE: Please do not use Aspirin in your search.
Look at the video: Changing the drug pricing game
Respond to the following questions:
- What is your stand regarding drug pricing and the solutions proposed by the author Dr. Peter Bach
- Do you think the price of drugs should be related with how difficult it is to be prepared?