Osha internet questions | Human Resource Management homework help
HRMGT 136 – Safety in the Workplace – OSHA Assignment
Using the OSHA website, review the information provided below and respond accordingly to each item. Pay attention to the various directions given for each item. For easier reading, please change the FONT COLOR of your answers. Thanks.
2. Look up the OSHA General Duty Clause. What does it mean for employees and employers?
4. Click on – “Worker Complaints” – Review this section and provide a summary of the information. (Minimum of one full paragraph is expected which also includes appropriate business grammar, spelling, formatting.)
5. Click on – “You Cannot be Punished or Discriminated against for using your OSHA Rights” – Review this section and provide a summary of the information. (Minimum of one full paragraph is expected which also includes appropriate business grammar, spelling, formatting.)
6. 1910.132 – research this standard. What is it and what does it prevent?
7. 1910.178 – research this standard. What is it and what does it prevent.
8. You see the following ANSI standard on a pair of shoes: Z41PT83M1-75C-25. How do you read the code and what does it say?
9. List and explain at least five strategies for establishing an effective electrical safety program.
10.Identify OSHA’s 2015 Top ten most frequently cited violations.
11.Conduct an Establishment Search on the OSHA website … provide the names of the top 5 companies that frequently make OSHA list (and not in a good way).
12.Find out if OSHA has ever conducted a formal or informal inspection at your workplace. If so, what did you find?
13.OSHA recently adjusted the penalties for three types of violations (1) What are the types of Violations; (2) What is the current maximum penalty; and (3) What is the new maximum penalty. Why were these penalties adjusted and when do they take effect?
14.Explain the difference between an OSHA standard and an OSHA regulation.
15.List five employer responsibilities.
16.List five employee responsibilities.
17.Find an article that interests you. Provide a synopsis of the article. What interested you about the article?
18.Provide your reflection of this assignment (minimum of one paragraph required).