Analyze how you have met the course objectives and present your analysis in at least 20 PowerPoint slides with a slides notes. Discuss the objectives thoroughly and summarize what you have learned, how you have met the objectives, and potential future studies. Support your discussion with references. The Course is Healthcare Systems.
Use graphic designs to include in the presentation. Your PowerPoint must include Slide Notes.
The PowerPoint Presentation should include:
1) At least 20 slides in length (excluding the title and reference slide)
2) A title slide
3) An introductory slide
4) Critical analysis
5) A conclusion slide
6) All references are in APA style and the slides are presented with a voiceover
Students examine healthcare systems and their effects on the health of populations. The purpose of this course is to bring the student up-to-date on significant developments that have occurred in the American healthcare system. Students explore the widespread penetration of managed care with its service management and cost control strategies. Topics include systems/theory thinking, case management, health policy, the interrelatedness of elements within healthcare systems, and strategies to influence systems.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
1) Analyze the structure of today’s healthcare delivery system, both public and private
2) Extrapolate the major imperatives of the healthcare system today
3) Summarize the general financial models which underpin the payment systems
4) Synthesize the impact of demographic trends on the burden of diseases within the United States
5) Evaluate the trend of patient-centered medical practice