smart phone use in healthcare – the good, the bad, and the ugly
You are working the night shift in the Intensive Care Unit. Your patient starts to deteriorate, and the primary provider is not calling you back. The charge nurse offers to contact her. A few minutes later, the charge nurse shows you a text from her personal phone with orders for the client, supposedly from the provider.
- What would you do in that situation and why?
- Give an example of an ethical dilemma involving confidentiality and the use of technology.
- How would you respond to the situation in your example?
- For your replies, provide classmates with an alternative intervention for the ethical dilemma
- Include well-researched the rationale for using the intervention.
Please make your initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s post by the end of the week. All posts require references AND in-text citations in full APA format. Information must be paraphrased and not quoted. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates. NOTE: Finalized postings must be submitted by deadlines. Any edits after deadline will be counted as late submissions and deducted accordingly. If you need to make any corrections for clarity’s sake only, you can write an addendum as a reply to yourself. The initial post will still be the one receiving full grade.
Make sure all posts are thorough, well-researched, and meet minimum requirements and word counts (see rubric).