Summative assessment: leading group challenges (powerpoint) | AJS534 Organizational Administration In Justice And Security | University of Phoenix
During your career, you have been known as a “Cop’s Cop.” The operations of the new department seem to be stuck in the past. There haven’t been many changes in the past 20 years. More specifically, there has not been a focus on using a team approach toward managing interaction within the department or with the community.
The Common Council of your community has requested a report from you on how you intend to approach this challenge.
Research and analyze a police department in your area to determine the following:
- How do they use teams and manage team interaction?
- What tactics do they use in their decision making?
- How do they successfully interact with their community?
- Develop a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation explaining how you intend to approach this challenge. Your goal is to develop the department into a more productive, high-performance organization. Complete the following in your presentation:
- Analyze the basic characteristics of groups in criminal justice organizations and describe how you will apply these characteristics in your department.
- Evaluate the concepts of teamwork and high-performance teams in criminal justice organizations and explain how you will use these concepts to achieve your goals.
- Analyze the roles that managers must play in order to be effective team members and leaders within a criminal justice organization and present how you will apply these roles as you lead your department.
- Explain how your implementation of these strategies in your department will improve internal operations, as well as connect to and interact with the community more efficiently in the 21st century.
- Research these issues using the following sources:
- Media accounts
- Personal interviews
- Internet sources
- Police department official statements
- Other resources you think are important.
- Cite a minimum of 3 sources in addition to your textbook.
Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance