To organize or not to organize? instructions
To Organize or Not to Organize?
Select one company ( USE CNN ) headquartered in your home state for which you would like to work, and which does not currently have unionized employees. Assume that you are an employee of this company and interested in starting a union. Use the Internet to research industry unions.
SHOULD BE 5 PG IN WHICH Create a scenario of specific working conditions prompting the attention of employees dealing with a global mobile workforce that includes expatriates (safety, terrorism, health, and the challenges in other countries) and repatriates (retention, termination, and job placement) in a multinational organization, with a home based in the United States.
- Outline the major benefits of organizing a union for this company.
- Create a mission, purpose, and objective statement for a strategic plan to organize a union for this group.
- List the steps for starting a union.
- Describe 1–2 ideas for each step of the process for starting a union.
- Determine a possible timeline for the execution of the union, including your rationale, based on the plan you drafted.
- Speculate—based on research, rather than opinion—on two management team objections the union is likely to face.
- Develop two arguments to counter management’s position on unions.
Use at least five quality academic resources in this assignment. Consider beginning with your course textbooks and scholarly sources that can be found in the Strayer Library.Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a strategic plan to organize a union for a given company.