Week 4 Assignment
Case Study Analysis
Case studies reflect real-life scenarios. Analyzing case studies will help you to get a feel for what happens in real life business scenarios and how you, as an information systems manager, can handle real-life business situations.
For this Assignment, read the assigned book chapter from this week’s resources to analyze IT strategies for e-commerce. Then review the case study assigned to you. As you read the case study, consider the key issues related to IT strategies applied in e-commerce in the case. You may consider the following questions to guide your analysis of the IT business strategies.
- What happened in the case?
- What was/were the cause(s)?
- What was the impact?
- What was the outcome?
- What concepts and theories did you notice in your review of the case that worked? Why did they work?
- What concepts and theories did not work or were ineffective? Why?
Submit by Day 7 a 1,000- to 1,200-word report based on your analysis of the assigned case study. In your report, address the following:
- Write a thorough analysis of the key issues related to the IT strategies applied in e-commerce in the case.
- Make sure to employ the key concepts reviewed in the text and in this week’s Discussion in the case study analysis.
The report should be double-spaced, and follow APA style and formatting.
Note: Refer to the Assignment Template in the Learning Resources.
Week 4 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources.
- Haag, S., & Cummings, M. (2013). Management information systems for the information age (9th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- Chapter 5, “Electronic Commerce: Strategies for the New Economy” (pp. 126–156)