Week 5 Assignment – Professional Experience: Presentation Summary
The Professional Experience assignments have been designed to help prepare you for communicating in a professional work setting. When you are writing in the workplace, it is essential to make sure that you carefully follow any specific directions you receive. Sending poorly formatted or poorly written communications to managers or coworkers is not something you want to do! To earn full credit, make sure you complete all elements and follow the instructions exactly as written. Assignments that follow directions as written will receive full credit.
If you submit your Professional Experience assignment before the due date and you are not satisfied with your grade, you may resubmit it one time before the due date for a new grade.
For this Professional Experience, you will create a two-slide PowerPoint deck in which you summarize an instructional Internet resource of your choice on preparing effective PowerPoint presentations or slide designs.
To complete this assignment:
- Download and review the Week 5 PPT Resources [PPTX].
- Save the file to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example: Smith_PE3_PPT.pptx
- Locate an article, video, or other resource that explains how to make a PowerPoint presentation or discusses effective slide design. No other topics should be used.
- Give your presentation a title on Slide 1.
- On the body slide (slide 2), write a brief summary of your resource. Do not write fewer than 20 words or more than 50 words.
- Include a link to the resource or information on the body slide, not in the notes. Provide a working hyperlink on the slide so your professor can read the article or watch the video. The link will not count toward your word count.