Week 5 final due apr 8th. | BUS 405 Principles of Investments | Ashford University
This week, you will be creating an eight- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation based on your Week 4 Investment Portfolio assignment. This presentation should address the main components of your investment portfolio as if you are presenting it to a trusted friend or relative to get their opinion, perspective, and input. It should be based on the following hypothetical scenario:
Scenario: Imagine you have just won $100,000 in a lottery. You want to invest this money wisely so it can grow over time and help you achieve your overall investment goals. In addition to creating your eight to 10 slides, you must also include slide notes (also called Speaker Notes). For each slide, your slide notes should contain a minimum of 100 to 200 words describing and expanding information on that slide. For help with your slide notes, review this guide Add Speaker Notes to Your SlidesLinks to an external site.. Your presentation must also include at least two graphics (e.g., charts, trend line, tables) to illustrate your key points and make the presentation look professional. Once you have created your presentation, you will also need to save it as a PDF file with your slide notes visible and submit it to Waypoint. Prior to beginning your presentation,
- Review your Week 4 Assignment submission and any feedback provided.
- Review Use Charts and Graphs in your PresentationLinks to an external site..
- In your eight- to 10-slide presentation, include the following:
- Describe your current financial situation at a high level.
- State your two SMART investment goals. (achieving long-term wealth building and passive income generation while being cost-effective and well-diversified.)
- Discuss your three major types of investments and your rationale for why you chose those three specific investments types. (including real estate, stocks, and bonds (through ETFs)
- Explain how you would allocate the $100,000 to invest in the three investment types.
- Real estate (REITs): 5% per year
- ETFs: 7% per year
- Stocks: 10% per year
- Include two graphics that illustrate your dollar or percent allocation of investment funds or that visually support your investment portfolio. (See week 4 Assignment)
- Discuss what financial return you estimate the investment portfolio to deliver 5 years from now. (See week 4 Assignment)
- Explain two key assumptions you used to arrive at the estimated financial return 5 years from now.
- Discuss one potential risk to your overall portfolio. (See week 4 Assignment)
- Describe your plan for monitoring your investment portfolio routinely. (See week 4 Assignment)
- Remember: Add at least 100 to 200 words of explanation to the Speaker Notes section of each slide. Be sure to include at least two graphics. The Investment Portfolio Presentation
- Must be eight to 10 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint PresentationLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Must include at least two graphics (e.g., tables, charts, trend lines).
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.