Wk 1 assessment prep: identifying financial information for a company | FIN571 Corporate Finance | University of Phoenix
- Throughout this course you will work towards creating a financial plan for a company as if you were its business manager. This week you will start your research that will be used in the Summative Assessments in Weeks 2, 4, and 6. You will not be able to change your company after this week.
Select a Fortune 500 company.
Research financial information and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the company. You may find this information on Yahoo! Finance®, in the University of Phoenix Library Finance Resources, or in other finance resources online. If you are unfamiliar with using Yahoo! Finance, the Yahoo! Finance Navigation Guide provides helpful information on finding some of the KPIs for your company.
Your financial plan will need to include KPIs for your company. Create a 1- to 2-page outline or chart identifying KPIs and including the following:
- The company and its ticker symbol
- Cash flow from operations
- Price-to-earnings ratio
- Stock dividends and the yield, if any
- Earnings per share ratio
- Revenue estimates for the next 12 months
- Revenue from the previous 3 years
- Statement of cash flows and identification of net cash from operating, investing, and financing activities over the past 3 years
- Average trade volume.
- Current stock price, 52-week high, and 1-year estimated stock price
- Analysts’ recommendations for the stock (buy, sell, or hold)
- Market cap for the company
- You will use information from your research in your Week 2 Summative Assessment.
Submit your outline .
Writing Standards – Please follow all APA formatting requirements, in-text referencing requirements, and referencing for all work – induing discussion questions, participation, presentations, etc. Support all assertions. The UOPX APA Sample Writing Paper is an excellent resource.
Originality – if you submit work with more than a 20% turnitin match ( properly referenced or not) the work will be reviewed for originality. Work with originality issues will be scored a zero.